1. There’s a lot of Civil War history, but who really cares?
2. Southern rock (Lynyrd Skynyrd, .38 Special, The Allman Brothers) is a fairly dunderheaded genre of music, but when you are cruising on some godforsaken highway past rotting houses and unwavering nothingness, it seems very apt to the surroundings
3. Falling acorns are nice, but not when they dent the windshield of your car
4. As for Dirty South, can’t stand Lil John or the Ying Yang Twins or most of it really, but Young Jeezy and Lil’ Wayne have their moments and of course all white people like Outkast
5. Not so many Jews around to make Jew jokes with